Thursday, September 22, 2011

TV ICON SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR COVERS HEALTH MAGAZINE


 Sarah Michelle Gellar on Insecurity, Kate Middleton, and Getting Inspired.

The CW star dishes to Health about feeling insecure, her thoughts on Kate and Pippa Middleton, and the secret to her marriage to Freddie Prinze, Jr., in the October 2011 issue, hitting newsstands Friday September 23.

On female insecurity:
“I totally have body dysmorphic disorder. I think most women do…I just have to remember that I’m human, and I’m a mom. Being a parent changes the vanity at least a little bit.”


On the fascination over Kate Middleton’s weight:
“It seems like people are worried that she’s stressed. I feel like 10 years ago, it would have been like, ‘Oh, she looks incredible.’ Whereas you look at her sister, who has such a fabulously athletic body…and I think there’s this movement now, where more women, finally, want to look like that.”

On using a photo of a famous woman’s body for inspiration:
“I would never do that to myself, especially because I’m aware of the airbrushing and trainers and food programs. You have to use yourself as inspiration.”

On keeping fit during pregnancy:
“Well, I went into labor at the Pilates gym. I was getting cranky…it turned out I was in labor, I didn’t realize.”

On growing up in New York City:
“I think, automatically, you look at the world differently if you’re from a big city. You’re never bored, you don’t stay home, you’re always on your feet. I think it generates type A personalities.”

On her successful marriage of nine years to Freddie Prinze, Jr.:
“We communicate. That’s my secret. It’s not a secret, but it’s how I handle all my good relationships, whether they’re male-female [or not]. If you bottle things up, it explodes on you.”

On how she avoids getting too stressed out:
“I’m not saving the world. I have to remember that I like my job, but it’s work, and it’s not my life. My life is my family. And I think that’s the best thing.”