Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stars Of ‘The Hunger Games’ Pose For ‘Vanity Fair’ [PHOTOS]



Even though Jennifer Lawrence insists that The Hunger Games is not Twilight, Vanity Fair put together a similar photoshoot for the stars, including Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson, of the equally addictive book-turned-film. Said Lawrence of the characters, thrown into an arena after being selected in a fight-to-the-death lottery, “These kids are killing one another only because if they don’t they’ll die. It’s heartbreaking.”

Lawrence, who plays Katniss, told VF, “When I auditioned, I told [director] Gary [Ross], “I understand if you don’t hire me, but please remember that after Katniss shoots a bow and kills someone, her face cannot be badass.” So there’s nothing cool about her. It’s not like she looks around the arena and goes, Yeah, I got this. I think she looks around helplessly, and thinks, I made a promise to my sister that I would survive; now I have to kill in order to do so.”