Monday, November 7, 2011

Demi Lovato Covers Latina December 2011

With her career on the upswing, Demi Lovato was chosen to cover the December 2011 issue of Latina magazine.

Set to hit newsstands on Tuesday (November 15), the "Skyscraper" singer is the picture of beauty on the front page shot while chatting with the publication about topics including dealing with her problems and staying healthy.

Highlights from Miss Lovato's interview are as follows with a behind the scenes video above. For more, be sure to visit Latina!

On airing out her problems:
“It wasn’t my idea, to be 100 percent honest. It was influenced by management, publicists and family. But they were all bringing up a good point: What teens need most is someone that they can relate to – someone they connect with on serious subjects like eating disorders, cutting, bipolar disorder, depression and bullying. I’ve been there. I get it. Why wouldn’t I be honest about it so I could help someone else?”

On being estranged from her father:
“Sometimes there are people in your life that you have to cut out. It sucks when it’s your own father. But I know what’s best for me. At a young age, I had to learn that. I have an old soul, because I had to grow up fast – because of the public eye and because of my life experiences.”

On staying healthy:
“I continue to have moments. I still think sometimes that I’m not strong enough and I need extra help. I can’t tell you how many people I have working with me in recovery. It’s good. It’s positive. [But] it’s a daily battle. Things can still get me down sometimes. But nothing keeps me down.”

On being Latina:
“Latina culture means warm family gatherings, special stories and a bond that I love to experience. I feel so much love and comfort when I’m with [the Latino] side of my family. It makes me proud of my culture and my ethnicity.”

On her big career dreams:
“In 2012, I really want to be at the Grammys. And I don’t want to go unless I’m nominated, presenting or performing. It’s my lifetime goal to be able to say I’m nominated. So I really want to make that happen.