Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kellan Lutz Talks About Gaydar, Gay Rumors & Getting Hit On





Twilight star Kellan Lutz seems like a legitimately awesome person. He has a fantastic sense of humor, he doesn’t take himself too seriously and he knows how to roll with all the love he gets from his gay fans. Kellan recently talked with The Advocate about everything from getting hit on by gay guys to his gaydar. I suppose their love for him might have something to do with all those sexy, shirtless photos he is in. Read on for some highlights from the interview.

On his love for his gay fans: “Oh, they’re the best. I love them. When I meet gay fans out and about, they’re so great to talk to — and I’m big on hugging, because I’m from the Midwest. They’re just so energetic and loving. I’m proud to have those fans, and their support means a lot to me. I don’t want just girls coming to my movies; I want guys to come too.”

On getting hit on in a hot tub by a gay guy: “That’s why I was so flattered. We talked for about 15 minutes, and it clicked that he was probably hitting on me. By no means did I want to lead him on, so it was just kind of funny to me to realize that he was hitting on me — and doing a pretty good job.”

On his gaydar: “Some guys I thought were just friends aren’t just friends! That’s the day my gaydar finally kicked in. We’re still the best of friends to this day. Now I have some really close friends who are gay.”

On if he worries about gay rumors: “I don’t Google myself, but I’ve heard that people think I’m gay. I’ve heard it all. See, I don’t really go after girls. Most of the girlfriends I’ve had have come after me. So it’s really funny when girls get offended because I don’t hit on them. They’ll transform their insecurity into, “Oh, that makes sense, because I heard you’re into guys and have a boyfriend.” I’m like, “Seriously? That’s your tactic to get me to like you?” There will always be rumors, but I know who I am.”

On why gay guys are better roommates: “Honestly, I’d prefer to live with gay guys. They’re the cleanest, and they just take care of stuff. Because I’m always away, coming home to a clean house means a lot to me. Trust me, I’ve lived with a lot of roommates, and straight guys are just kids who don’t pick up after themselves.”