Friday, October 28, 2011

James Franco’s Naked Butt Covers Flaunt Magazine Cover [PHOTOS]










Yes, we know that the photo above is not James Franco‘s bare butt featured on the cover of Flaunt magazine. It was quite “in your face,” so you can see that cover here.

In the accompanying article, James responds to his critics and his artistic vulnerability.

“I don’t think what I’m doing is confusing,” he tells Flaunt. “What is confusing is that I’m an actor in mainstream film and the people that usually comment on mainstream film are idiots, and they don’t try to think outside of their pop-culture commentaries. It’s so easy to criticize contemporary art from the outside: ‘Douglas Gordon slowed down Psycho so it’s 24-hours long? That’s easy! I can do that.’ That’s how the morons in the blogosphere try to critique my work. But the great thing about it is, is that their critiques are part of my work. I like that they are confused. I like that they make fun of what I’m doing. It’s a beautiful reflection of where our culture is at the moment.”