Monday, August 22, 2011

Kim Kardashian Over-The-Top Wedding Clip [VIDEO]









It’s great that Kim Kardashian‘s wedding on Saturday was a success and I hope everyone had a wonderful time, but I have to insist that people stop comparing this weekend’s big event to the royal wedding. In no way, shape or form was this televised wedding like that other televised wedding on April 29th.

Kim, as beautiful as she looked in a diamond headpiece and a strapless Vera Wang gown (her first of three gowns that night), didn’t hold a candle to HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge‘s Alexander McQueen gown and borrowed tiara (ooh, lest we forget the gloriously English bouquet).

Ok, enough of that. Let’s get back to the best wedding August 20th, 2011 has ever seen. E! released a snippet of footage from the special that will air October 9th and 10th, which features Kim and stepfather Bruce walking down the aisle, Mason Disick as the wedding’s main event (guest Kathie Lee Gifford told the Today Show that he “Stole. The. Show”) and Kris Humphries staring into his bride’s eyes. Ten points to Kris Jenner for that ginormous bow adorning her mermaid dress. Classic Mother-Of-The-Bride gown.

The ceremony, which was scheduled to start at 6 p.m., didn’t happen until 6:37 p.m. Kim wrote a special message to her father, the late Robert Kardashian, on the program: “I so wish my dad could be here today to walk me down the aisle, But I know in a way he is here, and I feel his loving presence all around me. I love and miss you, dad.” According to People, the couple danced to Robin Thicke’s “Angels,” and guests, including Lindsay Lohan, Ryan Seacrest and Demi Lovato, dined on food provided by Wolfgang Puck.